Survey Now Open
With the U.S. economy near a state of full employment, how does a firm ensure their compensation levels are remaining competitive? The results of this study provide the steps and resources for evaluating the competitiveness of your compensation levels and benefit offerings in attracting and retaining employees.
The results of this study can be used to answer key questions such as:
- Are you leading, matching, or falling below the market in terms of your compensation offerings?
- How are companies attracting and retaining employees?
- What are the top concerns/threats in your industry?
- Is your turnover rate comparable to what others are experiencing?
- How long does it take to fill an open position?
The NBMDA Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report answers these questions and many more in helping companies evaluate their compensation practices versus their industry and market areas.
Benefits of Participating
The report provides participants with the ability to compare their results against all responding companies as well as several additional data aggregations—these include industry focus, annual sales volume, number of employees, business seasonality, geographic region, state, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), and other aggregates deemed important. Additionally, data will be reported at the overall company level as well as the distribution center level.
By participating in the survey, responding companies receive:
- A comparison report with aggregated results of 1,000+ other distributors
- Excel Data Tables with full cross-industry data aggregates
- A PDF based customized and confidential Company-specific Compensation Report (CCR)
What to Expect
This study has been designed to make the process as easy as possible for respondents. The survey may be completed as a PDF, an Excel file, or an online form. The online survey is designed with auto-summing and “save and return” functionality to allow users to easily return to their respective survey forms and view or modify their responses as needed.
The timeline for the 2020 Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey will be:
- January 15 – Survey Launch
- March 16 – Survey Deadline
- May 29 – Results Available (participants will be emailed notice/instructions)
To assure confidentiality, this survey is conducted by NBMDA partner, Industry Insights, Inc.— an independent third-party research firm that currently serves more than 200 association clients. Industry Insights understands that the confidentiality of your data is of the utmost importance. As such, they utilize industry standard internal controls and security procedures to ensure that all data confidentiality is maintained throughout the project. All survey responses are submitted directly to Industry Insights where they are kept in strict confidence. Additionally:
- All information received from participants will be treated in a strictly confidential manner and will not be disclosed to any individual, entity, organization or third-party outside of Industry Insights, Inc. except as required by law.
- Only the aggregated results are published in the final industry-wide Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report. Additionally, no individual company will be identified as a participant in the report.