2020 Report Now Available: How Do Your Compensation and Benefits Compare?
The NAFCD-NBMDA Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report is now available for non-participating distributor companies for purchase. The report provides a detailed analysis of key compensation and benefits-related statistics for the distribution industry. The results are based on confidential surveys from 905 distribution companies, representing over 10,000 locations.
The results of this study can be used to answer key questions such as:
- Are you leading, matching, or falling below the market in terms of your compensation offerings?
- How are companies attracting and retaining employees?
- What are the top concerns/threats in your industry?
- Is your turnover rate comparable to what others are experiencing?
- How long does it take to fill an open position?
Please note: You must be logged in to purchase the report. If you are not an NBMDA member and would like to purchase the report, please contact NBMDA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2020 Cross-Industry Compensation and Benefits Report represents the most complete, accurate and up-to-date compensation and benefits data available. This report is designed to allow users to easily compare compensation levels and benefits policies with companies involved in wholesale distribution. In addition to data on recruiting and retention; health care costs/trends; retirement benefits; vacations/PTO and holidays; sick and other leave; and sales practices, this report contains compensation-related statistics for common job titles in the industry. These job titles include positions in the following categories:
- Executive Level Positions
- General & Administrative
- Sales & Marketing
Benefits of Participating
The report provides participants with the ability to compare their results against all responding companies as well as several additional data aggregations—these include industry focus, annual sales volume, number of employees, business seasonality, geographic region, state, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), and other aggregates deemed important. Additionally, data will be reported at the overall company level as well as the distribution center level.
By participating in the survey, responding companies receive:
- A comparison report with aggregated results of 1,000+ other distributors
- Excel Data Tables with full cross-industry data aggregates
- A PDF based customized and confidential Company-specific Compensation Report (CCR)
To assure confidentiality, this survey is conducted by NBMDA partner, Industry Insights, Inc.— an independent third-party research firm that currently serves more than 200 association clients. Industry Insights understands that the confidentiality of your data is of the utmost importance. As such, they utilize industry standard internal controls and security procedures to ensure that all data confidentiality is maintained throughout the project. All survey responses are submitted directly to Industry Insights where they are kept in strict confidence. Additionally:
- All information received from participants will be treated in a strictly confidential manner and will not be disclosed to any individual, entity, organization or third-party outside of Industry Insights, Inc. except as required by law.
- Only the aggregated results are published in the final industry-wide Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report. Additionally, no individual company will be identified as a participant in the report.