OHARCO Celebrates 120 Years of Building Solutions
The milestone anniversary will be marked by a series of events throughout the year.
April 20, 2018—OMAHA, NEBRASKA— OHARCO, the region’s oldest privately owned interior building products distributor, is celebrating a milestone in 2018—120 years of service. The company has a year-long series of events planned to mark the occasion as well as thank customers and employees for their loyal support.
OHARCO started as Omaha Hardwood Lumber Company, April 16, 1898. Initially the company served as a distributor of hardwood lumber, bridge flooring and wooden wagon tongues. Today OHARCO distributes cabinet and countertop components supplying professional cabinet shops, countertop fabricators, builders, remodelers, home centers, lumber yards and kitchen and bath dealers. Additionally, the company supports the Architectural and Design community as they specify cabinet and countertop products for local, regional and national projects.
“For 120 years, OHARCO built solutions focused on fostering successful partnerships that stand the test of time.” said Bill Sauter, President of OHARCO. “As we mark this major milestone, we thank the customers and employees—our friends and family—who have made this legacy possible. We not only honor the accomplishments of the past but affirm our focus on the future.”
OHARCO partners with national manufacturers creating an extensive offering of products and value-added services vital to our customers’ business success. The partnerships include:
- Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces including Solid Surface, Quartz, Laminate, Solid Surface Sinks, Door Components and Adhesives
- Functional Hardware from Blum and KV
- Karran Sinks
- Stains, including custom stain matches and finishes from L.Campbell
- Kitchen and closet organizational products from Rev-A-Shelf
- Tresco lighting
- Festool and CA Technology tools and equipment
- Pride Industrial and Schaub & Company decorative hardware
- Board products such as MDF and particle board from several suppliers.
In 2012 OHARCO partnered with an Omaha-based, manufacturing resource creating a laid-up panel production line. These panels are used by our customers to produce commercial cabinetry and other architectural applications.
With warehouses in Omaha, NE, Des Moines, IA and Sioux Falls, SD; OHARCO offers the Midwest knowledgeable, professional service, proactive support and innovative thinking. “We offer the experience and expertise our customers rely on to meet their needs today and anticipate their needs for the future,” states Sauter. “It’s what we do and it’s how we will help grow business for years to come.”
OHARCO is celebrating the 120-year anniversary with a series of customer- and employee-centric events.
- April 10th & 11th, free training seminars were hosted in Omaha and Des Moines teaching basic and advanced sanding of solid surface and wood as well as offering demonstrations of Festool products.
- Friday, May 11th OHARCO, with the support of its vendor partners, is hosting a Parking Lot Party featuring Texas BBQ provided by Wilsonart and the band “The 4 on the Floor”. (4otf.com)
- May 24th, in Omaha, OHARCO will hold a Nebraska Chapter luncheon for the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
- September 18th-21st countertop fabricators from across the United States convene in Omaha to attend an International Surface Fabricators Association (ISFA) CEO Upper Management Roundtable hosted jointly with ISFA, OHARCO and Lincoln Laminating.
For details on OHARCO, the company’s history and these events visit www.oharco.com
Media Contact: Patty Rasmussen, OHARCO Marketing Director
Direct line: 402.829.0204
Cell Phone: 402. 213.8211