March 10-13, 2013
JW Marriott Indianapolis Hotel
For 20 years, the University of Industrial Distribution (UID) has provided education focused on the needs of wholesale distribution professionals and companies. With its concentrated three-day format, UID has helped increase the effectiveness of hundreds of NBMDA member employees.
Twenty-five NBMDA members attended the 2013 event.
Details regarding the 2014 event will be available in December.
Who Should Attend UID?
UID is designed for all personnel working in the wholesale distribution channel, including:
- All manager-level personnel: sales, marketing, branch, operations, purchasing, inventory and human resources
- Personnel working with national distribution channels
- Anyone looking to improve personal performance and/or the company's bottom line!
Attend educational sessions targeted toward your needs:
- Marketing Strategies
- Pricing Strategies
- The Business of You - Double Your Productivity, Reduce Your Stress and Balance Your Life
- Know More! Selling
- You can Always Sell More - How to Improve Any Sales Force
- Creating a Competitive Distinction
- Leadership and Delegation for Distribution Managers
- Differentiating Your Distribution Company - A Winning Strategy
- Achieving Effective Inventory Management
- The Power of the Spoken Word
- Stop Marketing Like it’s 1999!
- Improving the Distributor’s Bottom Line
- ERP, Cloud & Mobile Convergence - The Trend you Can’t Ignore
- Managing the Account Portfolio
- Managing Distributor Sales Activities for the Manufacturer Territory Sales Executive
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Threats or Opportunities?
- Proving Total Cost Savings
- Branch & Operations Management for Distributors
- Sales Performance by Design
- How to Get Paid for Service Value
- Planning and Managing the Distributorship for Greater Profits
- Hiring the Right Salespeople
- Improving Profitability thru Joint Sales Calls
- Value-added Selling
- Personnel Productivity Improvement
- Creating a Winning Marketing Plan
- Increasing Your Sales Force’s ‘EQ’
- Negotiation Skills for Distributors
- New Process of Distribution Sales Management
- Fundamental Business Skills and Leadership Training for Today’s Distribution Branch Manager
- Creating Shareholder Value in Wholesale Distribution
UID students can apply their coursework toward earning the Professional Certificate in Industrial Distribution awarded by Purdue University.