The Power of Participation
There is power in numbers. And your participation multiplies results for everyone. NBMDA committee members make decisions that positively effect your business and shape the industry’s future. Your participation offers immediate value to you and your company:
- Gain insightful industry information, statistics and trends.
- Make professional contacts offering you unlimited sources of qualified information.
- Impact the development of useful member programming and industry services.
- Maximize the exposure of your firm with the "major" players in the industry.
- Enhance personal leadership abilities that drive your professional career.
- Make a difference. Align your expertise with a vehicle for change…NBMDA.
Making an Informed Decision About Your Participation
In this age of packed schedules, continual travel and increased responsibility, NBMDA understands that volunteers need to fully comprehend the responsibilities of committee participation.
Selecting a committee can be as easy as reviewing the position or duties you hold within your own company. NBMDA's segment committees provide obvious alliances for distributors and manufacturers working within those areas of common interest.
NBMDA streamlines the decision-making process for you. If you are interested in participating in a committee:
- Review the descriptions of NBMDA committees.
- Determine which are of most interest to you.
- Contact the NBMDA office to discuss particular committees in detail. You are welcome to attend and evaluate an upcoming committee meeting as a guest, prior to officially joining.
- To officially join a committee, contact the NBMDA office or the committee chair and express your interest in a particular committee. If space is available, you will immediately become a member of the committee.
Committee meetings are held twice a year, scheduled in conjunction with NBMDA's two annual meetings. These action-oriented, face-to-face sessions, have been designed to maximize the committees' time and decision-making power. In fact, much of the need to interact between sessions has been eliminated. Should an occasion arise where interaction is necessary, the committees communicate via fax,e-mail or conference calls.
NBMDA's management company, SmithBucklin Corporation, also makes participation easy. SmithBucklin capitalizes on innovative as well as tried-and-true management expertise and resources to help you become an effective volunteer. And, SmithBucklin's capable professionals – your headquarter's staff – offer immediate help, implementing the projects you develop.
Term of Service
The standard committee term is two years, equaling a total attendance of four meetings. However, if you have enjoyed influencing your industry and want to extend your term, simply contact the NBMDA office.
Understanding Needs, Sharing Concerns
We understand that your first priority is your firm and that time pressures could increase at any time. You may cease your committee involvement at any time. Contact the NBMDA office and ask that you be removed from your committee(s) or request to be moved to a different committee. You may also elect to discuss your situation with your committee chair. If it is a matter of missing one meeting, the chair can arrange a follow up by phone to update you on the committee's progress. We are happy to work with members to make their committee experience a positive one.
NBMDA's committees cover key areas of association business. The NBMDA Board of Directors carefully monitors each committee activity to ensure its effectiveness.